Our mission as a neighborhood association
ISNA was incorporated in early 2011 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit intended to serve our diverse, mixed use, wholly unique neighborhood.
After a long period of decline, the neighborhood has recently experienced tremendous growth. We strive help residents and businesses navigate this transition, revitalizing the neighborhood while maintaining its history and character.
We focus on the following primary objectives:
- Creating and maintaining a vibrant and safe neighborhood
- Taking advantage of funding opportunities for neighborhood revitalization
- Helping low-income, elderly and disadvantaged members of the community to thrive
We also work toward the following goals:
- Improving the quality of life for residents
- Supporting neighborhood businesses and community services
- Ensuring that the neighborhood has adequate representation in city matters
- Facilitating communications among diverse groups on neighborhood issues
- Providing a source of reliable information relevant to the neighborhood
- Working with the city to achieve a neighborhood plan
- Creating a sense of community within the neighborhood while also preserving and respecting the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of its population.
Board Of Directors